NATO Secretary General Breaks Silence, Embarrasses Trump’s Critics

0
6897

North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg just broke his silence and embarrassed Trump’s critics.

Much has been made about Trump’s get-tough stance with NATO over their spending or lack thereof.

Many presidents have tried to get them to pay their fair share and none have succeeded, until now.

From Fox News: North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, speaking on “Fox News Sunday,” said President Trump’s tough talk has ultimately strengthened the 70-year-old alliance by leading member nations to contribute tens of billions of additional dollars to ensure their own security.

Stoltenberg’s comments were a direct repudiation of critics who have accused Trump of undermining NATO by repeatedly pushing allies to meet their defense spending obligations — and Trump himself referred to Stoltenberg’s interview minutes later on Twitter as a rejection of a narrative pushed by “Dems & fake news.”

“President Trump has been very clear,” Stoltenberg told fill-in host John Roberts. “He is committed to NATO.

He stated that clearly just a few days ago and also at the NATO summit in July. But at the same time, he has clearly stated that NATO allies need to invest more.

And therefore at the summit in July last year, we agreed to do more to step up — and now we see the results.”

In all, Stolenberg continued, “by the end of next year, NATO allies will add hundred – 100 billion extra US dollars toward defense.

So we see some real money and some real results. And we see that the clear message from President Donald Trump is having an impact.”

Hopefully, Nancy Pelosi and the rest of Trump’s critics are listening to this man rather than expound on things they know nothing about.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here